Sunday, October 19, 2008

Research Paper Hiatus


Work on a research paper is causing a brief hiatus. Will continue posts in the near future. I feel a bit like a slacker because several of my classmates (whose blogs appear on my blogroll) seem able to both keep their blogs updated and do their schoolwork. I can't seem to. I'm struggling to push the development of a new communication model dealing with bias filters in encoding and decoding toward a final thesis and some phase of that, hopefully, toward a dissertation.

Walking the borderlines is a retreat into sanity for me. Writing about it the way I want to write about it here, involves more research. The NW corner area of Utah is open to a large sky and at the same time loaded down with history, dimensional history, that moves in all directions in time. Often what you see on the ground in the time you are walking looks sparse and skeletal as the bleached bones in the photo below. But if you carry with you the perception of past and possible future events there is a pervading sense, if not sight of the small photo above.